Many professional beauty lovers spend as much money as they can on skin care and cosmetics, but they also prepare an independent refrigerator for these "trophies" for storage. On the one hand, they like the cold texture when using them, and on the other hand, they think that this can extend the shelf life of cosmetics. Although this is not unreasonable, we should also analyze the specific problems, because strictly speaking, some cosmetics should be stored in the refrigerator, while others do not have to be stored in the refrigerator, and some cosmetics cannot be stored in the refrigerator.
Cosmetics suitable for storage in the refrigerator:
1. Skin care products without preservatives: Generally speaking, the shelf life of skin care products without preservatives is short. If they cannot be used up in time after opening, they can be stored in the refrigerator to extend their shelf life.
2. Waterproof or durable cosmetics: such cosmetics as waterproof or durable eye black, eyeliner pen and other cosmetics contain volatile active substances. The low-temperature environment of the refrigerator can help keep them longer.
3. Skin care products containing unstable ingredients: if the living environment temperature is relatively high, skin care products such as moisturizing cream can be put in the refrigerator to increase the service life, because generally the service life of such products will be shortened by 3 times (solidification, melting, softening, yellowing or flavor change) when the temperature is above 40 ℃. If the product contains vitamin elements that will become unstable in case of high temperature, and the product is in an unsealed package, it is easy to be oxidized under high temperature.
4. Aloe gel or eye cream: If cosmetics such as aloe gel or eye gel are stored in the refrigerator, they will not only be cool and comfortable to use, but also the effect of such water-based formula products will be better after refrigeration.
5. perfume: perfume is not easy to volatilize when stored in the refrigerator, and it is cool and dark, with constant temperature, which can also ensure that perfume can be used for a longer time.
6. nail polish: nail polish tends to become thick under high temperature and is not easy to apply, while the low temperature and dark environment in the refrigerator can make the service life of nail polish longer. Nail polish, which has become a little thick, will recover after being refrigerated for a period of time. Cosmetics that are not necessarily stored in the refrigerator: Generally speaking, if the indoor temperature is between 15 ℃ and 21 ℃ and the cosmetics are not specified to be refrigerated, they do not need to be stored in the refrigerator, because according to the convention, the stability test is based on the room temperature as the storage temperature to determine the service life. In addition, if the product has a sunscreen package (usually dark brown) or is stored in a sealed tube or air pump, it does not need to be stored in the refrigerator. If the product contains preservatives, it is OK to put it at room temperature. Cosmetics that cannot be stored in the refrigerator: Remember that cosmetics with oil as the main component will solidify in a low temperature environment, such as Moroccan oil, scalp massage oil, facial essential oil, liquid foundation, etc. If you insist on putting such products in the refrigerator, they will become incredibly viscous. Moreover, cosmetics containing waxy ingredients are not suitable for refrigeration in the refrigerator, such as hair wax and honey wax, which will become hard or thick at low temperatures.